Backend Engineer (m/f/d) - Munich Based
Permanent Employment, Full-time
About the role
Our dedicated project team develops an innovative and novel product for electric vehicle residual value determination. We are responsible for the whole development process from the concept stage to the final customer deployment and the product ramp-up including several iterations and variants.
As Backend Engineer (m/f/d) you are responsible for the whole initial MVP of our backend application for the new product. From setting up the cloud infrastructure, developing the necessary data processing pipelines and implementing the necessary APIs to IoT clients and services or platforms from partners and customers. You work together in a small, cross-functional team with product managers, battery engineers, mobile and frontend developers to develop a holistic product.
You will also be closely collaborating with other teams within TWAICE to be able to share knowledge and best practices.
Your daily business will involve
- Conceptional designing and implementing cloud architecture & services for product BEV residual value
- Responsible in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on designing, coding, testing, documentation, deployment, debugging, and optimizing the application for maximum speed and scalability - You build it, you run it!
- Defining and implementing APIs to IoT devices and backend services of customers
- Implementing and optimizing data pipelines for battery health estimation
- Defining requirements and working closely together with mobile and frontend engineers to provide a complete digital product.
- Improve agile development and continuous delivery process
- Supporting junior team colleagues through coaching and mentoring
- You have degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You have 3+ years of experience of relevant backend software engineering in the field of building applications and microservices in Python (any additional high-level programming language is a plus)
- You have solid programming background and ability to write clean, structured and tested code
- You have experience in designing backend services with AWS focussing on reliability, fault-tolerance and scalability
- You have knowledge in serverless technologies (Docker, API design, DevOps, CI/CD)
- You are a strong self-driven leader, you aren’t afraid talking to stakeholders and teammates, come up with balanced and reasonable proposals together with the Team and continuously improve development processes & mentoring of your colleagues.
- You are fluent in English
Apart from you having a meaningful activity in one of the most exciting areas of our time, we care about your mental and physical health. We care about your flexible working time and your time off, about your social environment and your personal growth.
- A very competitive salary
- Training budget 2000€/year and further training possibilities within the company
- Free healthy breakfast, free healthy lunch, free snacks, drinks and coffee
- Free access to a tool of your choice (skillshare or Coursera)
- Gympass Membership (subsidized access to gyms - not only for you but also for your family and friends)
- Flexible working hours and flexible home office - work wherever and whenever you want
- A high degree of personal responsibility, creative freedom and opportunities
- Strong team culture with regular team events and off-sites (Summer and Christmas party, at least one big off-site, Oktoberfest (Wiesn) event, Cocktail and Movie nights once a month, regular team and sports events, company kitchen with cooking events)
- International team and relocation budget of 800€
- Borrow our e-Golf for private purposes and free EV-charging at our company
- Book circle (Order a book via TWAICE - we pay for it, you read it)